President of the Eurogroup Jeroen Dijsselbloem
The Eurogroup President chairs Eurogroup meetings and draws up its work programme.
Jeroen Dijsselbloem has been President of the Eurogroup since 21 January 2013. He is also the Minister for Finance of the Netherlands.
My objective is to deliver sustainable economic growth leading to job creation and prosperity across the euro area. I will therefore advance the coordination of polices that deliver a permanent exit from the crisis.
The Eurogroup work will work on:
- reducing public and private debt that are barriers to economic growth and financial stability
- reforming our economies to facilitate job creation and making the euro area more attractive for investment
- creating a banking union to maintain a strong financial services sector that works for businesses and citizens.
- Biography of Jeroen Dijsselbloem
- President of the Eurogroup: role, responsibilities and election procedure
Video statement by Eurogroup President Jeroen Dijsselbloem on the Eurogroup priorities
"New Growth Deal for the Eurozone: connecting reform agenda, budgetary consolidation and supportive investments" Friday, October 10th 2014, Washington D >>
On 17 February Eurogroup President Jeroen Dijsselbloem took part in the OECD Seminar “The euro area at a crossroads: policies for growth, jobs and competitiveness”. >>
It is a great pleasure to visit this bustling part of the world >>
Arrival and doorstep, Eurogroup President Dijsselbloem (13 October 2014)